Employers these days are concerned over their workforce productivity. So, they have rights to monitor employees. So, make sure that, your employees are earning the money you are paying them. However, there are plenty of things you need to keep in mind before you measure the productivity of your employee within the working hours. Obviously, when you are paying an amount in order to get work for the business you are running. So, it is natural when you demand eight hours work.
On the other hand, when employees come to the workplace on time and does their job honestly than you want to see your business grow. Additionally, when it comes to the employees goldbricking activities and that makes excuses in terms of their tardiness. So, employers are often confused to make a decision against the employee’s excuses because they are not aware that excuses are real or made up. However, employees those are on time are not productive enough and you may have seen your punctual employees are wasting time here and there at the company’s premises.
A Survey: Responses of 750 Employees
According to the salary.com contributor Aaron Gouvia
- 69% of the employees said that wastes at least plenty of time at workplace on regular basis.
- Recent stats shows that 89% of employees have admitted to waste time and get paid
- 31% of the employees waste 30 minutes daily
- 31% waste almost 1 hour a day
- 16% waste more than 2 hours regularly
- 6% said that they waste 3 hours
- 2% waste roughly 4 hours daily
- 2% waste 5 or more hours regularly & get paid