Parenting blunders are behind the face of every homeless young child and you would have tears in your eyes listening to tragic stories of homeless nights of youth and yet another Christmas is ahead. Behind every homeless young teenager or youngster who is about to throw away or runaway by choice is because of physical, sexual and emotional abuse from society and including parent’s ill parenting manners? The modern society and the contemporary piece of technology in terms of cell phones and gadgets and cyberspace and social media have given so much freedom to the youngsters to make their decisions on their own.
Obviously, the dark side of technology and parent’s negligence of digital parenting is destroying the youth in every aspect of life. On the other hand Expectations of the parents from their children without doing the effective piece of parenting to be benevolent, nothing but foolish approach. Homeless nights of youth, facts are the horrible and painful thing is parenting blunders have forced them to spend this very freezing Christmas nights on the streets.
National Runaway Switchboard Report About Homeless Nights of Youth
The report of National Runway Switchboard says almost 1.3 million homeless teens living unsupervised on the streets. They are living in abandoned buildings, with friends and strangers who they met online or in real life with the reference of mutual friends. These underage youngsters are more likely at risk of pedophiles, sexual exploitation, psychological disabilities, and substance abuse. However, approximately 5000 homeless youth die every single year just because of the negligence of their parents as a result of sexual assault, illness, victimize by stalkers, bullies back and forth and due to suicide. Moreover, young female teens get rejected by the parents because of unwanted pregnancy without realizing their parenting responsibilities.
Stats show that:
- 1 out of 7 children & teens run away from home between ages 10-18
- Teens and tweens between the ages 12-17 are more likely to be homeless due to lack of parenting
- 75% of teens runaway are females
- 6-22% of teens got unwanted pregnancy & runaway or throw away
- 20-40% of teens become homeless because of being gay, lesbian, Bisexual and transgender
- 46% of teens are living homeless nights on streets due to physically abused
- 17% of teens and children run from the homes due to unwanted forceful sexual activities one of their family members
- 75% of youth runaways dropped from schools
In the United States, 20000 children trapped in prostitution by human trafficking networks and 40% of homeless are under the age of 18, according to the Covenant house report.