Bullying or cyber bullying is undoubtedly is one of the social issues that has prevailed in our society and it is continuously increasing as the technology has made its way to the next level. Even kids using their android cell phones and computer devices connected to the internet are not safe through online bullying. However, schoolyards, playgrounds, and streets have already well known for this particular unethical crime.
Bullying is in the shadow of the doubt is unnecessary, aggressive behavior that has found among most in school going kids and teens that really found perceived power imbalance. The type of behavior is repeated again and again with the victim or has sheer potential being repeated with the passage of time. Both the victims and attackers may come up with the serious long lasted problems. Therefore, parents have to know bully signs and indicators that can alarm them that their kids and teens have bullied or cyber bullied or bullying others in real- life and in cyber life.
What Stats tell us about Bullying & Cyberbullying
Stats about real- life bullying
According to the National Center for Education Statistics & Bureau of justice Statistics has shown that, nationwide. 21% of the school going kids and teens experience bullying between the ages of 12-18.
2015 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System that is Center for Disease Control & Prevention reportedly stated that, 20% or the student from grade 9-12 have bullied beyond the school gates.
Cyber bullying statistics from the i-SAFE foundation
- Almost half of teens have been the victim of online bullying
- 1 out of 10 teens inform parents being bullied online
- Less than 1 out 5 cyber bullying complaints has files against cyber bullying to law enforcement agencies
- 1 out of 10 teens have faced embarrassing photos captured on their own without the permission by using cell phone cameras
- 1 out 5 teens posted compromised photos of themselves to others
- Young girls are the most wanted targets in cyber bullying