Over the years parents are used to putting laptop and desktop computers in public areas of the house to monitor kids and teens browsing activities. But when it comes to the contemporary smartphones in the shape of iPhone devices teen can take it and go anywhere having access to the cyberspace. So, children and teens are connecting with porn or with the predators using their iOS devices. Therefore, teens are using now iPhone as iPorn and it’s been on the rise among teens worldwide. They are watching cellphone adult content on their iPhones and iPods even when they are beyond the schools’ gates and parents are unaware of the fact.
Dramatically, in the current world teens and sexual predators are a way ahead of parents when it comes to the use of technology, “Donnas Rice Hughes, president of Enough Is Enough, a child safety group said that.
Is iPhone Serving as iPorn: Statistics About Cell Phone Pornography?
“Are we really serious about what could be the impact on kids & teens own cell phones and exposed to adult content. There is the generation that has opened their eyes in the presence of a kind of a technology taken the internet from the front room. What parents would do, to monitor children bedrooms, playgrounds and schoolyards when contemporary iPhones are serving for iPorn.” Anne Longfield, Children’s Commissioner for England have said that it is the very worrying thing for parents that children are using their smartphones for pornography.
- Young kids and teens are reportedly hover over the adult content in the shape of sexual explicit videos, the large portion, 38% usually see porn on portable laptop, 33% use iPhone as iPorn and 24% on desktop computer. According to the reports of BBC news
- 53% of tweens and teens between the ages of 11-16 are getting involved in pocket porn, Middlesex university study says
- Researchers have questioned 1001 children between ages 11-16 and found 65% 15-16 years old watch porn and 28% were 11-12 years old
- Research also says that young 28% kid and teens exposed to the iPorn accidentally via pop up advertising and 19% were specifically to seek it out on their iPads and iPhones and using other smartphones and gadgets connected to the internet.
- 53% boys and 39% girls saw the carnal content online using cellphones and computers as realistic depiction of sex
- 135 young people (14%) were getting involved in self -obscenity using iPhone camera to capture semi –naked images and videos of themselves and then 7% over all love to share it on the instant messaging apps.
- 60% of teens and children who had seen iPorn on iPhone seeing it for the first time and 29% of children who reported doing so at friend’s home
According to the report published and expert witness told Women & Equality Committee that girls were used to wearing short under their schools skirts to prevent sexual harassment. Because pornography online is spreading unethical messages about sexuality and intimacy.