It’s happening these days that your child may be involved in cyberbullying. A child may bully online and also has possible chances, cyber buying others or witness of online bullying. In short, your kid could be a victim of the online predator, behaving as the online predator or might be possible that your child is the witness of un-ethical activity of cyberbullying. Parents in the home, teachers at school and colleges may not be aware of all the digital technological creatures such as cell phones of androids, iOS and blackberries and many other forms of technology such as tablets and Pads and contemporary social networking apps they are using. The more modern devices or gadgets and digital media platforms kids and teen are using connected to the internet, the more opportunities they have exposed to potential cyberbullying.
Sings your kid has cyber Bullied or cyberbullying others
Parents can come to the point that their kids and teens are cyberbullied because of child use of mobile phones having internet access on it. However, there are plenty of warning signs for parents that your child is using social instant messenger like Facebook, Snapchat, and has involved in cyberbullying and bullied other young fellows online. However, parents either are ready to now or not but, believe it or not, your child could be an online bully.
- The sudden increase or decrease in the use of cell phones, and include text messages.
- Your kids and teens may have got emotional responses such as laughter, anger, in stress, depression and seems quite upset.
- Your child may try to hide their smartphone screen when parents are around or near, and prevent discussion about the activities they are doing on their gadgets.
- The old social media accounts of different social apps such as Facebook, Tinder, Yahoo, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and others are shut down and they have created new instant messengers account.
- A victim child doesn’t take interest anymore in social situations that he/she more likely to take part in the past.
- The sudden rift in the mod and seems withdrawn or depressed or don’t want to have fun with the peers and in extracurricular activities. Further, your children also start declining in school grades.
“I strongly believe that there is space for prejudice or discrimination in a society, and the compassion, inclusion, and tolerance are fundamental rights for all”, Lord Rumi Verjee said.